Lithostroto is at the heart of the town of Argostoli. It is basically the historical street which was destroyed from the earthquake of 1983 and rebuilt today, becoming the most commercial and secular street of town.A part of the street, about 800 meters in length, has been turned into a tiled pavement. Having the most commercial shops of the town there, It is a lively section all year round. Especially during the summer months, passing through Lithostroto may be rather difficult because it is really crowded! In Lithostroto there are many shops, from small souvenir shops to impressively large jewelery shops.
A small harbor is located N of harbor Lixouríou, with a width of about 100 m. The small harbor is protected from waves caused by winds from between S and NE by a breakwater of natural boulders, 340 m in length, and by a curved windward breakwater, 200 m in length, which extends NE.
The Municipal theater Kefalos of Kefalonia is located in Argostoli, between the main square and the famous street Plakostroto. It was built in 1857, while Kefalonia was under British rule and it was bombed in 1943 during World War II.