The White Tower is located in Nikis street which is the sea boulevard and the most recognisable spot in Thessaloniki. The exact date of its construction is not known but most likely it was built sometime after 1530. This is a 33,90 m high, circular tower with a diameter of 22,70 m. It has six floors that are connected with circular stairs. The last floor has a terrace that offers a wonderful view of the town. The Ottomans used this tower as a fort and a prison. Today, the White Tower houses an exhibition dedicated to the city of Thessaloniki and its history throughout various periods.
On the south shores of cape Mikró Émvolo there is a small port suitable for berthing of pleasure and fishing boats. The small port is protected by a 400-meter-long windward angled breakwater of southeast direction, on the end of which a light operates, and a 100-meter-long leeward breakwater of southwest direction.